Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Iced cakes with Marshmallow Fondant

In experimenting and looking around at other interesting things on foodies blogs, I found something on another blog. She has a genoise cake where I halved coz I only wanted so much and then ended up making 2 lots of the original 1/2 so.... well 2 steps forward 3 steps back later.

I have the sponges below. One 4 inch and 8 inch cake. It was great to mix up... little bit different in that....


had to beat up the warmed egg and sugar mix, in a double boiler like situation with a metal bowl, but it gave a very good result with the aeration of the genoise ..... It also smelt great just after cooking it.

I also had made up some homemade marshmallow which I turned into fondant icing. Totally experimental but I just wanted to do some cake decorating techniques as there is absolutely no man here (there is a man) to eat the goodies, but he is on his religion/crusade of extreme low carb diet with fantastic results....

Actually these were made before then and he was intrigued that he did eat some that he took to work. They thought it was a baby announcement of my impending expectancy.....yeah, no.


This blue and green is the 4 inch and I took this to my work and it went down a treat however, I must say that it was very sweet.



This is all to practice for the man of the house, upcoming birthday.... but hoping to do a tiered cake. Chiffon cake isn't dense for the flavour but fondant makes it sooooo sweet. Not as good as I was hoping but well thats why we practice, but they seemed to be awe bound at both mine and his work.... its just probably that not everyone wants to make the effort unless its a wedding cake.





1 comment:

Snooky doodle said...

Nice cakes. Look great! :)

Visit my new blog at http://snookysrecipedoodles.blogspot.com/