Saturday, October 24, 2009

Martha cuppies and more...


After a shot absence of blogging I have returned.  Only to find that the images I have I really have to remember why and what for I baked the cupcakes for.



These lovelies are using the zoe bakes genoise cake recipe, however they are a bit flat, lovely taste but would need to fill them more with batter, or just use a more cuppy style of recipe.  I do love the cake but I feel it is much more suited for bigger cakes.  (even though I did use the recipe for my small fondat cake in previous blog).  The reason was just to have a morning tea at work,  Butter cream icing and just generally decorated to look pretty.



These are the Martha Chocolate Caramel cuppys.  Yes they involoved at lot of work and the recipe proportions was for excessive amounts of icing after doing all the cakes.  It was also ver rich/sweet.  This was for someone's farwell (although I did not work with him).  The guys that didn't have to worry about calories Loved these and asked questions about the caramel.   The whole combination of the cake caramel filling and icing was just way over the top and too much work.  I also had excessive amount of the chocolate icing as already stated.




It came to pass that MR Obsessively Cupcake had his birthday.  (but he is far from being a cake person..sigh...)


I went in search of a cupcake recipe (from the many cake cookbooks I have) which I adapted into cinnamon ones.  Since it was less than a week of the Martha Cakes and I intended to use that excessive amount of chocolate icing.  It had a good taste and shine, so why not??

I still made the salted caramel filling (thought halved) and cone filled the cinnamon cakes.



As I had removed the overbearing chocolate taste by using a cinnamon recipe for the cake,  I still managed to make it wonderfully sweet with a dallop of marshmallow fluff above the salted caramel before placing the top of the cone back on the cake. He said that his co-workers found them really sweet and could only manage two at best....
This still did not use up all that chocolate icing and it is so much chocolate!!!
But it keeps well in the fridge.


No comments: