Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Zebra Cupcakes

After looking around on blogs, I was impressed by the big cakes that of the zebra cake. By placing alternate spoonfuls of white and chocolate batters produces an effective stripe pattern within the cake. I was wondering what the effect would be if done on a smaller scale of just a cupcake. So I set out on this task making the zebra cupcake..... Although I didn't like the taste, but I did forget to put in the vanilla in the batter in the effort of excitement of trying to finish them.!! I changed the recipe in that I put in 1 tblspn of vinegar in the cup of milk. I also only used alternate teaspoons of each batter, which seemed to be a bit tedious so I filled the cupcakes in each tray with the same layer of batter so 6 teaspoons of white in each of 6 cupcakes then chocolate of the same 6 and so forth. Next time I will tap the tray before going into the oven to remove any bubbles that may have been produced to keep the texture even in density.





Decorated cupcake, with vanilla buttercream.


















The batter in the papers before they go into the oven.














The cooked cupcakes out of the oven.











Split open cake, unfortunately there are bubbles in the cake which take out the effectiveness of the Zebra pattern.











Sprinkles and vanilla buttercream.




































Split open decorated cake where you can see the stripes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lucy. Thank you for your comment on my blog. So glad you tried zebra cake. Zebra cupcakes is a great idea! I think they turned out pretty good! Enjoy!

Snooky doodle said...

these came really nice. I tried this cake and really liked it since it was so ,moist and soft. your cupcakes are great :)

apparentlyjessy said...

These zebra cakes are really cute! I love the frosting you did on them too! :)